Filing a workers’ compensation claim can be a complex process, and mistakes made during the filing process can result in delays or even denial of benefits. Here are some common mistakes that our pharmacy would like to share with you:
- Failure to report the injury promptly and to meet deadlines: Reporting the injury to the employer as soon as possible is crucial. Waiting too long to report the injury can lead to a denial. On the other hand, missing important deadlines, such as the deadline to file the claim or the deadline to appeal a denial of benefits, can result in a denial of benefits.
- Not seeking medical treatment immediately: Seeking medical treatment right away is vital not only for the individual’s health and well-being but also to document the injury for the workers’ compensation claim.
- Not providing complete information about the injury: Failing to provide complete information about the injury, including how it occurred and the extent of the injury, can lead to delays or a denial of benefits.
- Not following the prescribed treatment plan and not keeping accurate records: Failure to follow the prescribed treatment plan can result in a denial of benefits, as it may be seen as noncompliance with the terms of the claim. On the other hand, keeping accurate records of all medical visits, treatments, and expenses related to the injury is paramount to documenting the injury for the workers’ compensation claim.
- Not seeking legal advice: It can be helpful to seek the advice of an experienced workers’ compensation attorney to ensure that all necessary steps are taken, and mistakes are avoided during the filing process.
To learn more about workers’ compensation, get in touch with Lakeside Pharmacy, your trusted independent pharmacy in town.
Dial our pharmaceutical services in North Carolina at 980-441-8600.
We also offer medical supplies in Huntersville, North Carolina.
Leave a Reply